9.06.2011

nam nam garr! i like monsters

Excerpt from Eleanor Davis' "Seven Sacks"
I have a penchant for the slightly grotesque. As a little one, I would sketch all sorts of furry outlaws.  Perhaps I feel empathy for the monster figure (several readings of Frankenstein can account for that). Or perhaps I am attracted to the subversive nature of the monster. Anyhow, I'd like to share a few lovely monstrosities with you from two artists - Caroline Gaedechens and Jennifer Davis.
P.S. If you're ever in need of a fine read, please check out John Gardner's Grendel.

2 comments:

  1. so cute! I wish I wasn't scared of everything even a teeny tiny bit scary. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get really scared too. When we watch scary movies, I close my eyes really tight, curl up into a ball and make my husband describe all the goings on.

    ReplyDelete