10.15.2011

finger knitting

Happy weekend! A few days ago I discovered Katherine's super-awesome blog, Making Chicken Salad, and found this great tutorial on finger knitting garlands. How had I not known of this easy craft before now? Although I know that it is way too early, I am making and gathering holiday decorations. I just know that December will be here lickety-split and I want everything to my liking beforehand to avoid unnecessary stress. Anyway, I ran off to the craft store and purchased several bundles of Martha Stewart's Glitter Eyelash Yarn in Sterling and Rose Quartz. I've been knitting since. The garlands are just so soft and vintage-y looking and I love them.

5 comments:

  1. I love these! Thank you for directing us to that tutorial. I loved finger knitting as a child. True confession: I may blatantly copy your color choices. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember finger knitting! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea, I've never actually tired finger knitting (an allergy to wool, of all things!).
    Love you blog, and plan to have more of a look later - I found you via BYW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son learned to finger knit years and years ago, and even at the ripe old age of 12, it's still not too-cool for him! Those garlands are stunning! I wonder if I could convince him to work us up one for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a cool kid, Lauren:)

    ReplyDelete