11.19.2011

plushies galore hand-made by mel stringer

I'm excited, because ever since I had the seedlings of this blog in my head, I have wanted to feature some of Mel Stringer's work. I can't help it - she makes things that epitomize cute in the best possible non-cloying way. Recently, she's created some sweet plushies that make me wish I knew a bunch of little ones to give them to. I wonder if I'm too old? I know it may be a bit childish, but I like decorating with wide-eyed, hand-made creatures. Walter, the bear, is my very favorite of the group.

I'm hoping a sewing machine will be coming my way this holiday, so that I can make some of my own softies. I am currently enamored with narwhals, so I'd like to make one of those. I may sound like a dullard saying this, but I didn't know that narwhals were even real until about a month ago, and since then I've been obsessed (blushing, slightly embarrassed). Anyway, you ought to swing by Mel's shop; she has paper goodies and zines and the like. Very cool lady. Well, Happy Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. Cute! These are so sweet. Are we ever too old for cuteness? I also love Mel's 10 Girls with cameras- stickers. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yolanda. Hope all is ok. Happy winter to you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Leah! Everything is okay, but a little uninspiring lately, which is why I haven't posted anything in over two weeks. Hope you're having a lovely winter as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely adorable - love them. I'm hoping you get your sewing machine because I would love to see your own take on these plushies, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Andrea! I think my sweetie is getting me that sewing machine for the holidays (shh, I don't know if I'm supposed to know). I have some ideas for some plushie dolls in the works. I've been sketching and picking out fabrics and such. I can't wait to share it with you guys.

    ReplyDelete